Download - Bitcoin - Bitcoin Core :: Bitcoin

Groestlcoin 6th Anniversary Release

Introduction

Dear Groestlers, it goes without saying that 2020 has been a difficult time for millions of people worldwide. The groestlcoin team would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone our best to everyone coping with the direct and indirect effects of COVID-19. Let it bring out the best in us all and show that collectively, we can conquer anything.
The centralised banks and our national governments are facing unprecedented times with interest rates worldwide dropping to record lows in places. Rest assured that this can only strengthen the fundamentals of all decentralised cryptocurrencies and the vision that was seeded with Satoshi's Bitcoin whitepaper over 10 years ago. Despite everything that has been thrown at us this year, the show must go on and the team will still progress and advance to continue the momentum that we have developed over the past 6 years.
In addition to this, we'd like to remind you all that this is Groestlcoin's 6th Birthday release! In terms of price there have been some crazy highs and lows over the years (with highs of around $2.60 and lows of $0.000077!), but in terms of value– Groestlcoin just keeps getting more valuable! In these uncertain times, one thing remains clear – Groestlcoin will keep going and keep innovating regardless. On with what has been worked on and completed over the past few months.

UPDATED - Groestlcoin Core 2.18.2

This is a major release of Groestlcoin Core with many protocol level improvements and code optimizations, featuring the technical equivalent of Bitcoin v0.18.2 but with Groestlcoin-specific patches. On a general level, most of what is new is a new 'Groestlcoin-wallet' tool which is now distributed alongside Groestlcoin Core's other executables.
NOTE: The 'Account' API has been removed from this version which was typically used in some tip bots. Please ensure you check the release notes from 2.17.2 for details on replacing this functionality.

How to Upgrade?

Windows
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the installer.
OSX
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), run the dmg and drag Groestlcoin Core to Applications.
Ubuntu
http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=441.0

Other Linux

http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=97.0

Download

Download the Windows Installer (64 bit) here
Download the Windows Installer (32 bit) here
Download the Windows binaries (64 bit) here
Download the Windows binaries (32 bit) here
Download the OSX Installer here
Download the OSX binaries here
Download the Linux binaries (64 bit) here
Download the Linux binaries (32 bit) here
Download the ARM Linux binaries (64 bit) here
Download the ARM Linux binaries (32 bit) here

Source

ALL NEW - Groestlcoin Moonshine iOS/Android Wallet

Built with React Native, Moonshine utilizes Electrum-GRS's JSON-RPC methods to interact with the Groestlcoin network.
GRS Moonshine's intended use is as a hot wallet. Meaning, your keys are only as safe as the device you install this wallet on. As with any hot wallet, please ensure that you keep only a small, responsible amount of Groestlcoin on it at any given time.

Features

Download

iOS
Android

Source

ALL NEW! – HODL GRS Android Wallet

HODL GRS connects directly to the Groestlcoin network using SPV mode and doesn't rely on servers that can be hacked or disabled.
HODL GRS utilizes AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, and the latest security features to protect users from malware, browser security holes, and even physical theft. Private keys are stored only in the secure enclave of the user's phone, inaccessible to anyone other than the user.
Simplicity and ease-of-use is the core design principle of HODL GRS. A simple recovery phrase (which we call a Backup Recovery Key) is all that is needed to restore the user's wallet if they ever lose or replace their device. HODL GRS is deterministic, which means the user's balance and transaction history can be recovered just from the backup recovery key.

Features

Download

Main Release (Main Net)
Testnet Release

Source

ALL NEW! – GroestlcoinSeed Savior

Groestlcoin Seed Savior is a tool for recovering BIP39 seed phrases.
This tool is meant to help users with recovering a slightly incorrect Groestlcoin mnemonic phrase (AKA backup or seed). You can enter an existing BIP39 mnemonic and get derived addresses in various formats.
To find out if one of the suggested addresses is the right one, you can click on the suggested address to check the address' transaction history on a block explorer.

Features

Live Version (Not Recommended)

https://www.groestlcoin.org/recovery/

Download

https://github.com/Groestlcoin/mnemonic-recovery/archive/master.zip

Source

ALL NEW! – Vanity Search Vanity Address Generator

NOTE: NVidia GPU or any CPU only. AMD graphics cards will not work with this address generator.
VanitySearch is a command-line Segwit-capable vanity Groestlcoin address generator. Add unique flair when you tell people to send Groestlcoin. Alternatively, VanitySearch can be used to generate random addresses offline.
If you're tired of the random, cryptic addresses generated by regular groestlcoin clients, then VanitySearch is the right choice for you to create a more personalized address.
VanitySearch is a groestlcoin address prefix finder. If you want to generate safe private keys, use the -s option to enter your passphrase which will be used for generating a base key as for BIP38 standard (VanitySearch.exe -s "My PassPhrase" FXPref). You can also use VanitySearch.exe -ps "My PassPhrase" which will add a crypto secure seed to your passphrase.
VanitySearch may not compute a good grid size for your GPU, so try different values using -g option in order to get the best performances. If you want to use GPUs and CPUs together, you may have best performances by keeping one CPU core for handling GPU(s)/CPU exchanges (use -t option to set the number of CPU threads).

Features

Usage

https://github.com/Groestlcoin/VanitySearch#usage

Download

Source

ALL NEW! – Groestlcoin EasyVanity 2020

Groestlcoin EasyVanity 2020 is a windows app built from the ground-up and makes it easier than ever before to create your very own bespoke bech32 address(es) when whilst not connected to the internet.
If you're tired of the random, cryptic bech32 addresses generated by regular Groestlcoin clients, then Groestlcoin EasyVanity2020 is the right choice for you to create a more personalised bech32 address. This 2020 version uses the new VanitySearch to generate not only legacy addresses (F prefix) but also Bech32 addresses (grs1 prefix).

Features

Download

Source

Remastered! – Groestlcoin WPF Desktop Wallet (v2.19.0.18)

Groestlcoin WPF is an alternative full node client with optional lightweight 'thin-client' mode based on WPF. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is one of Microsoft's latest approaches to a GUI framework, used with the .NET framework. Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for exporting blockchain.dat and including a lite wallet mode.
This wallet was previously deprecated but has been brought back to life with modern standards.

Features

Remastered Improvements

Download

Source

ALL NEW! – BIP39 Key Tool

Groestlcoin BIP39 Key Tool is a GUI interface for generating Groestlcoin public and private keys. It is a standalone tool which can be used offline.

Features

Download

Windows
Linux :
 pip3 install -r requirements.txt python3 bip39\_gui.py 

Source

ALL NEW! – Electrum Personal Server

Groestlcoin Electrum Personal Server aims to make using Electrum Groestlcoin wallet more secure and more private. It makes it easy to connect your Electrum-GRS wallet to your own full node.
It is an implementation of the Electrum-grs server protocol which fulfils the specific need of using the Electrum-grs wallet backed by a full node, but without the heavyweight server backend, for a single user. It allows the user to benefit from all Groestlcoin Core's resource-saving features like pruning, blocks only and disabled txindex. All Electrum-GRS's feature-richness like hardware wallet integration, multi-signature wallets, offline signing, seed recovery phrases, coin control and so on can still be used, but connected only to the user's own full node.
Full node wallets are important in Groestlcoin because they are a big part of what makes the system be trust-less. No longer do people have to trust a financial institution like a bank or PayPal, they can run software on their own computers. If Groestlcoin is digital gold, then a full node wallet is your own personal goldsmith who checks for you that received payments are genuine.
Full node wallets are also important for privacy. Using Electrum-GRS under default configuration requires it to send (hashes of) all your Groestlcoin addresses to some server. That server can then easily spy on your transactions. Full node wallets like Groestlcoin Electrum Personal Server would download the entire blockchain and scan it for the user's own addresses, and therefore don't reveal to anyone else which Groestlcoin addresses they are interested in.
Groestlcoin Electrum Personal Server can also broadcast transactions through Tor which improves privacy by resisting traffic analysis for broadcasted transactions which can link the IP address of the user to the transaction. If enabled this would happen transparently whenever the user simply clicks "Send" on a transaction in Electrum-grs wallet.
Note: Currently Groestlcoin Electrum Personal Server can only accept one connection at a time.

Features

Download

Windows
Linux / OSX (Instructions)

Source

UPDATED – Android Wallet 7.38.1 - Main Net + Test Net

The app allows you to send and receive Groestlcoin on your device using QR codes and URI links.
When using this app, please back up your wallet and email them to yourself! This will save your wallet in a password protected file. Then your coins can be retrieved even if you lose your phone.

Changes

Download

Main Net
Main Net (FDroid)
Test Net

Source

UPDATED – Groestlcoin Sentinel 3.5.06 (Android)

Groestlcoin Sentinel is a great solution for anyone who wants the convenience and utility of a hot wallet for receiving payments directly into their cold storage (or hardware wallets).
Sentinel accepts XPUB's, YPUB'S, ZPUB's and individual Groestlcoin address. Once added you will be able to view balances, view transactions, and (in the case of XPUB's, YPUB's and ZPUB's) deterministically generate addresses for that wallet.
Groestlcoin Sentinel is a fork of Groestlcoin Samourai Wallet with all spending and transaction building code removed.

Changes

Download

Source

UPDATED – P2Pool Test Net

Changes

Download

Pre-Hosted Testnet P2Pool is available via http://testp2pool.groestlcoin.org:21330/static/

Source

submitted by Yokomoko_Saleen to groestlcoin [link] [comments]

Bitcoin Unlimited 1.7.0 has just been released

Download the latest Bitcoin Cash compatible release of Bitcoin Unlimited (1.7.0, October 11th, 2019) from:
 
https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/download
https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimited/releases/tag/bucash1.7.0.0
 
This is a major release of Bitcoin Unlimited compatible with the upcoming protocol upgrade of the Bitcoin Cash network. You could find November 15th, 2019 upgrade specifications here:
This is list of the main changes that have been merged in this release:
 
Release notes: https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimited/blob/dev/doc/release-notes/release-notes-bucash1.7.0.md
 
PS Ubuntu PPA repository is currently being updated to serve for 1.7.0
(*) if you were using BU with -txindex, after the fist session after the upgrade the database where the index are stored will be upgraded to a new format. During this migration RPC command will return an error message saying the txindex is syncing. The lasting of the migration process depends on the machine where BU is installed.
submitted by s1ckpig to btc [link] [comments]

Bitcoin Unlimited 1.7.0 has just been released

Download the latest Bitcoin Cash compatible release of Bitcoin Unlimited (1.7.0, October 11th, 2019) from:
 
https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/download
https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimited/releases/tag/bucash1.7.0.0
 
This is a major release of Bitcoin Unlimited compatible with the upcoming protocol upgrade of the Bitcoin Cash network. You could find November 15th, 2019 upgrade specifications here:
This is list of the main changes that have been merged in this release:
 
Release notes: https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimited/blob/dev/doc/release-notes/release-notes-bucash1.7.0.md
 
PS Ubuntu PPA repository is currently being updated to serve for BUcash 1.7.0
submitted by s1ckpig to Bitcoincash [link] [comments]

Discord Log from Ravencoin Open Developer Meeting - Oct 19, 2018

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:03 PM
Hello Everybody, sorry we're getting started a couple of minutes late today.Today we wanted to make sure that everybody was aware of the Bug Bounty program and discuss it.Has everybody seen the information at https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/wiki?GitHubRavenProject/RavencoinProject staging tree. Contribute to RavenProject/Ravencoin development by creating an account on GitHub.📷

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:06 PM

Yes. I'm working on it...📷1

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:07 PM

I have seen that @Hans_Schmidt Thank you for really digging into the code. You have found some really good ones.Did you get an address posted in the issues so we can reward you for your efforts?

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:08 PM

Yes I sent it to Tron and blondfrogs. Thanks.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:08 PM

I got hans address, and updated the wiki accordingly

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:09 PM

Nice! thanks guys, we'll get that sent out today.

brianmct - Today at 2:09 PM

Wow that's a lot of RVN!

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:09 PM

The next one is proving harder to find. That is a good thing 📷

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:09 PM

Please @Scotty and @Hans_Schmidt look at the wiki, and make sure the address next to the issues you created is the correct address where you would like payment.(edited)

MSFTserver-mine more @ MinerMore - Today at 2:09 PM

just a heads up im renaming this channel to just development meetings

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:09 PM

We feel it's worth the amount for sure to find and fix those type of issues.

brianmct - Today at 2:10 PM

Probably shouldn't keep the addresses on the wiki, since it's publicly editable?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:10 PM

@MSFTserver-mine more @ MinerMore okay

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:11 PM

We will look into the github wiki permissionsand verify addresses before sending payment

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:11 PM

Thats a good point, and reach out to the individuals directly to ensure it's their correct address.

brianmct - Today at 2:12 PM

Actually it's not publicly editable. My bad. Still good to confirm directly though

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:12 PM

Yes

brianmct - Today at 2:12 PM

Probably have people put their address on the issue when reporting it

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:12 PM

^^

brianmct - Today at 2:12 PM

Don't want any MITM attacks :P

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:13 PM

No we don't.

Chatturga - Today at 2:13 PM

Putting a public address out there is asking to get sent certain asset tokens when it goes live. 📷📷1

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:13 PM

Any questions about the issues that were found thus far?

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:14 PM

I verified that my address is correct.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:14 PM

Thanks

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:15 PM

Will you send a dust send first to verify (for bitcoin we do that as standard procedure for large amounts)

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:15 PM

Yes, that is the process we follow also

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:15 PM

sounds good

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:16 PM

Just an FYI some of the developers were at the Free State Blockchain conference last week.We also spoke at the MIT Business schoolIt was great to see our community members there!

UserJonPizza™FlyToTheNorthRaven - Today at 2:17 PM

Are you guys 100% on the 31st? Ik prob been asked a million times but...

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:18 PM

Thanks to all that helped with the conference.📷1

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:18 PM

The current code base will start voting on the 31st.

Chatturga - Today at 2:18 PM

Yes Its in the code.

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:18 PM

Any other questions about the Bug Bounty?

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:19 PM

What's the plan for next formal release?

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:20 PM

Should be early next week, we are planning a 2.1.1 release, with the latest bug fixes in it.We thought we would give it a couple more days to see if any additional bugs are found.

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:21 PM

Agreed, there will be one more binary release before the end of the month.

[Master] Roshii - Today at 2:21 PM

Sorry late again

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:21 PM

I'm not pushing for the release, just asking. I prefer to have a few days to see if I can get my next attack attempt to work

SpyderDev - Today at 2:22 PM

@[Master] Roshii - were your ears burning?

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:22 PM

Yep. You got it, keep attacking the chain!

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:23 PM

Yes please we would encourage everybody to help us find additional chain splitting or consensus defects.Other defects are also welcome, just not part of the bounty at this point.

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:24 PM

It would be helpful to know if someone is methodically verifying that the fixes work and also cover the minor variations, because I am not doing that.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:25 PM

Yes. I am personally verifying all bug fixes, and so are the other developers

SpyderDev - Today at 2:25 PM

We are also creatimg tests for them.

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:25 PM

Like I payed unique asset creation into the wrong burn address. But there are other variations. Your fix looks like it covers it all.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:26 PM

That is correct. We appreciate the bugs found and expand off of them to fix all other small variations of them.

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:26 PM

Great. I focus on new angles.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:26 PM

Prefect!

SpyderDev - Today at 2:26 PM

Please

Chatturga - Today at 2:27 PM

test 

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:27 PM

@Tron isn't able to be here but he wanted me to share this.
Hi All. I’m sorry I’m not able to make it to this development discussion. I’ve been invited to be on a Cryptocurrency and ICO/STO panel at the Federal Bar Council Fall Retreat. I've been informed that many of the attendees are judges from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals which is the Circuit Court for the state of NY. These presidentially appointed judges are just below the US Supreme Court and before whom the SEC and CFTC would be mere litigants. I’m on the panel with some heavyweight crypto and securities attorneys and my role will be talking primarily about the technology (blockchain, tokenized assets, smart contracts, etc.) while allowing the other distinguished panelists to address the legal aspects of this new technology. This is an amazing opportunity to introduce the audience to the best aspects of crypto-currencies and crypto-assets. 
📷4

Pathfinder - Today at 2:28 PM

wow that's awesome

SpyderDev - Today at 2:28 PM

We are all hoping @Tron will not get arrested.

mapple - Today at 2:28 PM

yesand yes to the not arrested :))

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:29 PM

I told him the mask thing was probably a bad idea for that event...

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:29 PM

The Raven mask or the Guy Falkes?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:29 PM

We need a Tron with judges Meme @PathfinderYes to both.

Skan - Today at 2:29 PM

ITS A TRAP

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:30 PM

LOL

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:30 PM

A Tron Trap?

mapple - Today at 2:30 PM

i was asked on telegram a few days ago about timeframes for all phases (currently announced) to be completed - are there estimates I've missed?I've properly looked through githubi've not lol

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:31 PM

We are hoping to complete the remaining phases by the end of Q1 but have provided no hard dates.

mapple - Today at 2:32 PM

OK - so march 2019 estimate if anyone asks again would be fair at the moment

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:33 PM

One of the topics I would like to cover for all our web developers is the ravencoin.com website.

gwrg - Today at 2:33 PM

Does it include Phase 7 which was added recently?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:34 PM

That's not been fully thought through to this point so it's not likely.I wanted to make sure you all knew that Ravencoin.com is a community website, the source is posted and web developers are free to submit pull requests to make changes.

Vincent - Today at 2:35 PM

Chatturga had mentioned a plan to somehow modify the asset creation cost in the future...is that part of the qtr 1 plan?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:36 PM

We'll be watching closely how the asset creation and RVN burn goes once it goes live.

Chatturga - Today at 2:37 PM

I did say that the rate is 500 RVN for now so that actual data can be gathered, which can then be applied to proposed changes. Speculative data just isnt enough.(edited)

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:37 PM

Anywho... The source for the Website is at https://github.com/RavenProject/ravenproject.github.ioGitHubRavenProject/ravenproject.github.ioRaven Project Website. Contribute to RavenProject/ravenproject.github.io development by creating an account on GitHub.📷

Pathfinder - Today at 2:37 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2kieyw.jpg📷

SpyderDev - Today at 2:38 PM

LOL

Pathfinder - Today at 2:38 PM

Tron's in there. Just have to look hard (like finding Waldo)

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:38 PM

@Pathfinder You are the best, I'm just saying....

Vincent - Today at 2:38 PM

i understand but pure economics will go into play. i will not harp on it here...there is plenty of time for this

Skan - Today at 2:38 PM

Ok good to know @ website, will spread that info

Vincent - Today at 2:38 PM

obvious my soapbox

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:39 PM

Thanks Skan!📷1Any questions about Ravencoin.com?

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:40 PM

I come to these meetings for @Pathfinder memes(edited)

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:40 PM

SO DO I!If I say no will you delete your post?(edited)📷Actually, if we don't have any further questions about the website that would be a great topic.

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:43 PM

1

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:43 PM

@[Master] Roshii has been hard at work adding asset support to the mobile wallets.📷3You'll be able to see, transfer, receive assets.You'll also be able to create them right on your phone.

mapple - Today at 2:44 PM

awesome for small business use cases

Vincent - Today at 2:45 PM

will that only include RVN created assets or other currencies as well?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:46 PM

The RVN wallets only support RVN and soon will support RVN assets.📷2Agreed!Any other questions about Mobile support?

russ - Today at 2:48 PM

any web wallets that support assets yet?

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:48 PM

That's a good question!

Chatturga - Today at 2:49 PM

@traysi -[MM Sysop]- Might be able to answer that.

Pathfinder - Today at 2:49 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2kifzg.jpg📷

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:49 PM

That's amazing.I think Pathfinder could get paid to make memes for a company...@Under Has done some great work migrating web based bitcoin tools to Raven.I would love to see a web dev kit that allowed web/mobile developers to easily incorporate Raven into their projects.

SpyderDev - Today at 2:51 PM

When is the meme bounty program?

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:51 PM

Just wondering- is anyone tracking use of post-2.04 client use on the mainnet? It would be good to know if the non-asset stuff is continuing to work without issues on main.

[Master] Roshii - Today at 2:52 PM

@RavencoinDev I have some ideas for mobile integration kit

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:52 PM

Everything seems to be in order on Mainnet.

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:52 PM

Awesome @[Master] RoshiiLet's open it up for General Q&A for the last 10 minutes. Anybody have a question they have been dying to ask?

Under - Today at 2:53 PM

I’d really like to know about the build system.The solution I use is pretty reliable.

cade - Today at 2:53 PM

What would you like to know about it?

Under - Today at 2:54 PM

I’d be glad to train you up on mine

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:54 PM

We are working to incorporate the work that you have put in there. Still struggling with the Mac build part of it.

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 2:54 PM

Do you track wallet version usage on main. Any idea how many people are using newer versions?

cade - Today at 2:54 PM

The current build system we're using is based on what you've doneJust modified to fit into our CI process

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 2:55 PM

@Hans_Schmidt We don't have a rolling tally but you can use the explores to view node versions.

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:55 PM

We do check what's being run on the network periodically but don't have a dashboard type view into the version data.

Vincent - Today at 2:55 PM

is the burn rate going to be tracked and charted on the asset explorer?

Under - Today at 2:55 PM

Rather than incorporating it, it vanilla in a vanilla Ubuntu 18 box works pretty well. CI like Travis could run on a fully gitian build, which I’m glad to work on too

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:56 PM

@Vincent There was talk of creating an RPC call that would show how much has been burned and for what purpose.Anybody want to take a shot at writing that?

Under - Today at 2:56 PM

I’m in the process !Lol

Vincent - Today at 2:56 PM

be a great stat to watch

russ - Today at 2:56 PM

http://ravencoin.asset-explorer.net/stats @Vincentburn and creation rate

Vincent - Today at 2:56 PM

nice

RavencoinDev - Today at 2:57 PM

Sweet, thanks @russ

russ - Today at 2:57 PM

@Scotty made it📷1top notch

cade - Today at 2:58 PM

@Under We have processes and tools that are in use within our organization and we leverage those tools for all of our projects. We have taken the awesome work you've done and tailored it to fit within our toolsets.📷2

Under - Today at 2:59 PM

I can understand that, but I’d counter that the process I describe is simply a copy of bitcoins and allows for it to be replicated in a larger community of developer outside of the Medici teamIt makes the build process trustless and decentralized if it can be replicated by anyone.But I get why you have your ways of doing it.

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 3:00 PM

If you drop the burn address into the web explorer, it tells you how much went there.

Vincent - Today at 3:00 PM

charts are nicer📷2📷1

RavencoinDev - Today at 3:01 PM

I would like a burned endpoint that coinmarketcap can easily call to use in their circulating supply metric.

Vincent - Today at 3:01 PM

burn and rewards can only go one way.... 📷

RavencoinDev - Today at 3:02 PM

Alright, thank you all for being here today. Thank you for your support and for all your effort on Ravencoin platform!

Neo-Geo - Today at 3:02 PM

While we are aware of the dev team’s commitment to ASIC resistance, are there any assurances that RVN dev will find a solution to stay GPU exclusive for optimal decentralization? Monero’s commitment to fork every 6 months (currently on CryptoNightV8) has been wildly successful in keeping AMD’s cards pointing predominantly at their network. RVN is quickly replacing Ethereum as the defacto coin to mine for Nvidia owners (the world’s most popular video card), but the rise of FPGAs can ruin the incentive for GPU miners and lead to hash centralization.📷2

Vincent - Today at 3:02 PM

as a noob...glad to be part of this...great job by all

cade - Today at 3:03 PM

@Under We will be releasing our build process to the community

RavencoinDev - Today at 3:03 PM

Yes @Neo-Geo we are committed to ASIC resistance and we are watching Monero closely.Thanks again everybody. Now go find some BUGS!

Under - Today at 3:04 PM

Cool thanks guys

[Dev] Blondfrogs - Today at 3:04 PM

BTW. QT wallet GUI update is coming. hahahah. have a good day everyone📷1

russ - Today at 3:05 PM

📷

mxL86 (MinerMore.com) - Today at 3:05 PM

Noicee

Hans_Schmidt - Today at 3:05 PM

CU later

Pathfinder - Today at 3:05 PM

thank you everyone!
submitted by Chatturga to Ravencoin [link] [comments]

IRC Log from Ravencoin Open Developer Meeting - Aug 10, 2018

[16:01] <@Wolfsokta> Todays topics: DGW implementation, segfault, Q&A, feedback on IRC
[16:01] <@Wolfsokta> Just to set the stage here, this is a developer meeting where developers that have contributed source code to the Ravencoin project can meet and chat about items they are working on. Please be respectful to one another. For the sake of staying on target, please limit interactions to questions and comments on code or projects that you are working on. Any time left over at the end can be opened up for general Q&A.
[16:02] <@Wolfsokta> FYI - I'm RavencoinDev, and lets get started.
[16:03] <@Wolfsokta> @Tron, can you talk about where we are at with DGW on testnet and mainnet?
[16:03] <@Tron> Sure.
[16:03] can someone volunteer to take notes and post also?
[16:03] <@Tron> We are building binaries that will activate DGW-180 at block 338778
[16:04] <@Tron> It looks back 180 blocks to calculate the diff.
[16:04] I will copy the text from the meeting into a file that can be archived later. I can also make summary notes after like BTC core does.
[16:04] I'll save a log of the whole meeting and can post it on the subreddit thread.
[16:04] <@Wolfsokta> We have setup testnet4 in order to test the new binaries.
[16:04] great
[16:05] <@Wolfsokta> We plan to release the binaries later today.
[16:05] @Tron have you looked into the timestamp attack concerns of DGW?
[16:05] https://github.com/zawy12/difficulty-algorithms/issues/30
[16:06] <@Tron> Yes. And for that reason, we've tightened up the timestamps that will be accepted for valid blocks.
[16:06] <@Tron> Moved from 2h to 12 minutes.
[16:06] nice
[16:06] Oh wow okay
[16:06] <@Tron> Its also the reason we went from 60 blocks (lookback) to 180 blocks.
[16:07] why would 2h ever be acceptable? lol
[16:07] 2h was originally used for daylight savings shenanigans I believe
[16:07] <@Tron> It was from bitcoin, and it factors in clock skew, and variance in finding blocks on 10 minute intervals, and block propagation time.
[16:07] makes sense
[16:08] what about the segmentation fault when reindexing?
[16:08] any fix yet?
[16:08] @Tron 12 minutes seems to be pretty small window for clock skew
[16:08] I assume it was chosen due to 1/10th scaling from BTC?
[16:09] <@Wolfsokta> Not yet ruski, we'll cover that in a bit.
[16:09] <@Tron> We did divide existing by 10.
[16:10] <@Wolfsokta> Any further questions about DGW on testnet or on mainnet?
[16:10] What block is it activating on mainnet?
[16:10] <@Wolfsokta> 338778
[16:11] And will there be the need to update binaries twice (for DGW fork and asset layer fork)?
[16:11] <@Tron> We are activating DGW by block height because headers sync first, and the BIP9 activation flag sets a flag, and we need to look at either block height or version to know which diff algo.
[16:11] <@Wolfsokta> Calculated to be near the end of the month so we have some time with DGW on testnet.
[16:11] Someone on discord asked this a while back, but why Was DGW chosen over something like digishield or anyother algo
[16:11] <@Tron> And block version can be changed (tampering) and still make it on the chain.
[16:12] Binaries will need to be updated as more asset layer stuff get completed and tested. Not by the end of the month though.
[16:12] <@Tron> We looked at DGW and LWMA. LWMA has a lot of constants that must be tuned right.
[16:13] <@Tron> We were impressed with the amount of work on LWMA to analyze how it responds, but it wasn't straightforward to understand the nuances of how/why it works.
[16:13] zawy was in the #development channel on Discord. He's an expert on DAAs. I'm sure he would help with tuning LWMA if you asked.
[16:14] <@Tron> Either will be much better that what we have. Even at the extremes, it will adjust smoothly.
[16:14] Are there any issues or comments on the DGW code that should be addressed?
[16:14] @devs in general
[16:15] <@Wolfsokta> Thanks @brianmct, we did look extensively at the DGW code to ensure we weren't going to see the same issues that happened to Verge.
[16:16] so i guess you would have to make way more blocks with false timestamps to be able to exploit our version of dgw right?
[16:16] because of the 12 minute timestamp thing?
[16:16] <@Wolfsokta> With X16R, and with the changes Tron talked about we feel confident that this will address the swings without being able to be exploited.
[16:17] nice
[16:17] @russki Yeah, pretty much.
[16:17] verge is a different type of situation - but overall asics and mining are a risk always
[16:18] <@Wolfsokta> Okay, anything else on the difficulty targeting change?
[16:19] <@Wolfsokta> Cool, blondfrogs wanted to talk about subassets that were added.
[16:19] ooh yeah i saw those github commits
[16:19] looking good
[16:19] We also want to let everyone know that you can now create sub assets with the new binaries that will be posted soon. You can create these subassets using the issue rpc call. Qt will be built shortly. This will allow users to make an asset PARENT
[16:20] <@Wolfsokta> Basic overview. If you own an asset you can create sub-assets by including a '/
[16:20] nice
[16:20] And then make any of the following PARENT/A PARENT/B .... PARENT/Z
[16:20] <@Tron> We'll post a FAQ on assets later today.
[16:21] <@Wolfsokta> And it only is 100 Raven for a subasset
[16:21] on testnetv4 it still says asset activation status: waiting
[16:21] why?
[16:21] <@Tron> Yep, it needs to be voted in.
[16:21] <@Wolfsokta> We wanted to test the BIP9 activation process again as well. The more testing the better.
[16:21] We wanted to make sure that we follow the same process the Mainnet is going to go through.
[16:21] ok nice
[16:22] <@Wolfsokta> Any questions about subassets?
[16:23] are they unique?
[16:23] <@Tron> No
[16:23] <@Wolfsokta> Yes, they behave the same way as a normal asset, just live under an owned asset.
[16:23] <@Tron> Maybe I misunderstood the question. Unique with parent.
[16:23] Each subasset can have their own number issued? So PARENT/A can have 1,000 and PARENT/B can be 50?
[16:23] yes
[16:23] oooh ok that makes more sense
[16:23] <@Wolfsokta> Exactly thanks traysi
[16:24] <@Tron> And, not the same thing as "Unique Assets"
[16:24] <@Wolfsokta> The individual unique asset support is included in an upcoming phase.
[16:25] Moving onto the Segfault issue ----------------------->>>>>>>>>>> SEGFAULT
[16:25] Are we able to changes the properties of subassets after they have been created? Or is something like that specified when creating them?
[16:25] <@Tron> Yes
[16:25] can sub-assets be reassigned to other addresses while retaining control of the parent asset elsewhere?
[16:25] So basically it has all the features of a normal asset, but live under an asset's top-level namespace?
[16:25] satoshi corbie @russkidooski
[16:25] So basically it has all the features of a normal asset, but live under an asset's top-level namespace?
[16:26] <@Tron> Sub-assets are identical to assets after creation.
[16:26] <@Tron> Just cheaper to create, and in your "owned" namespace.
[16:26] Okay cool
[16:26] will subassets eventually have a unqiue tag? eg ASSET/SUB:1
[16:26] We have found an issue with our testnet binaries and are still looking to the issue. The issue presents itself when a user performs a reindexing of the chain. We think we have pinpointed the where the problem is and are currently working a fix. This fix will be out shortly.
[16:26] plan is to make default reissue=true and units=0 and allow increase in units on reissue
[16:26] How much is it going to be for a sub-asset?
[16:27] 100
[16:27] <@Wolfsokta> Okay, let's now focus on the SegFault issue that was discovered by Under.
[16:28] do you know what the issue was?
[16:28] <@Wolfsokta> It seems to be a build problem with the boost library.
[16:28] Still looking into though. :)
[16:29] <@Wolfsokta> We have been able to reproduce it on linux internally with 2.0.3
[16:29] yea i get the same issue on windows 10
[16:30] I saw a Bitcoin thread a while back about the seg fault error. I had it because I had conflicting versions of BDB
[16:30] static compiled on ubuntu 18.04
[16:30] <@Wolfsokta> We really appreciate you guys pulling down master and helping test.
[16:30] @Trap we will look into that also
[16:30] no problem, im just curious lol
[16:32] <@Wolfsokta> We haven't been able to build a windows version that doesn't have the segfault issue.
[16:32] <@Tron> We're dropping Windows support ;)
[16:32] lol
[16:33] Just finished setting up a new Windows test environment so we can test and validate the solution as we are working on it.
[16:33] The bdb issue is a known issue that has been around for some time. We are pretty certain it is a boost library issue, and are working quickly to get a windows build that fixes the issue.
[16:34] what did you guys do to fix the linux version?
[16:34] Once we have binaries for all supported platforms ready, hopefully tonight. No promises. We will make an announcement
[16:34] The issue has been fixed on Linux and Mac though?
[16:34] (oops sorry already answered)
[16:34] <@Wolfsokta> If anybody else gets there first with Windows please let us know what you found.
[16:34] Built the binairies on a Ubuntu 16.04 box.
[16:34] that was it?
[16:35] Yeah, we think so. 16.04 has boost 1.58 which seems to fix the issue. The build on 18.04 use boost 1.67 which seems to cause the issue.
[16:35] is there a boost 1.58 repo on 18.04?
[16:35] 18.04 used 1.65***
[16:36] I've built with boost 1.68 on arch Linux
[16:36] It worked
[16:37] wallet 2.0.x?
[16:37] @Trap, the issue is when -reindex is used.
[16:37] Oh sorry my bad
[16:37] Wallet 2.0.3
[16:38] <@Wolfsokta> For those that joined late we're discussing https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/issues/208
[16:38] 1 sec im going to boot into ubuntu and try compiling with 1.58 on 18.04
[16:39] Any other questions pertaining to the segfault?
[16:40] <@Wolfsokta> Alright, thanks everybody. Before we start the Q&A I would like to get some quick feedback on using IRC for this meeting.
[16:41] If we're going to use IRC we should take some measures to at least hide people's IPs when they join
[16:42] Yea. It is very hard to read this back.
[16:42] Also no message history
[16:42] If you disconnect and reconnect
[16:42] <@Tron> I'll throw in a vote for Discord.
[16:43] <@Wolfsokta> If you use a decent IRC client instead of the website it's not bad.
[16:43] Some of us used a VPN before we connected to IRC
[16:43] If needed we can restrict channel to Developer roles, etc for the developer meeting and open it up for general Q&A
[16:43] https://www.strawpoll.me/16247952
[16:43] poll
[16:43] Make a discord when only mods can submit links
[16:43] Where*
[16:45] Discord won the poll 5 to 2
[16:45] <@Wolfsokta> There are also a lot of IRC tools that can be used to track the meetings.
[16:45] we know
[16:46] <@Wolfsokta> We also want any developer to be able to speak.
[16:48] <@Wolfsokta> We're open to try Discord next week.
[16:48] <[kai]> perhaps you could even get a feed from this irc to discord?
[16:49] <[kai]> a feed would enable discordians to view the chat, but only contribute if they take the extra steps to come here.
[16:49] <@Wolfsokta> That's a good idea kai... Has anybody seen that working?
[16:50] <[kai]> https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc
[16:50] <[kai]> im sure you could make this a one way deal.
[16:51] <@Wolfsokta> I like that idea, let's try that for next week. So we'll meet here in IRC again, but it should be broadcast to Discord.
[16:53] <@Wolfsokta> Okay, we'll go with IRC next week with the broadcast to discord and re-visit for next week.
[16:54] <@Wolfsokta> Okay, let's do open Q&A for the next few mins.
[16:54] <[kai]> just a quickey, more for my curioisty, did you look at digishield?
[16:54] <[kai]> DGW solution seems solid.
[16:55] <[kai]> was just curious if it was one of the four solutions you looked at.
[16:55] <@Wolfsokta> Tron is answering... Any others Q?
[16:55] <@Tron> We briefly looked at Digishield, but our analysis was between DGW and LWMA.
[16:55] <[kai]> right on.
[16:56] <[kai]> cheers guys, see you next time.
[16:56] OPen the gates for the last 4 minutes for any other questions?
[16:58] <@Wolfsokta> Alright, thank you all for being here today and please join the development effort with us. If you have an idea, or a fix for an issue write it up and submit a pull request.
[16:59] <@Wolfsokta> Thanks again for all those that have contributed their time and effort to make Ravencoin successful. We have the BEST community.
[16:59] ^
6:59] You devs are pretty cool
[16:59] did the burn get discussed?
[16:59] <@Wolfsokta> Special thanks to Bruce, really glad you could make it with the short notice.
[17:00] <@Tron> Thanks everyone!
submitted by __pathfinder__ to Ravencoin [link] [comments]

How To Install Bitcoin Core And Multibit Wallet On Ubuntu 14.10 Ubuntu -1 Setting up Bitcoin 4. Installing Bitcoin Core on Linux Bitcoin-QT wallet review Bitcoin Core Wallet sync 100% result

Bitcoin Core is a community-driven free software project, released under the MIT license. Verify release signatures Download torrent Source code Show version history Bitcoin Core Release Signing Keys v0.8.6 - 0.9.2.1 v0.9.3 - 0.10.2 v0.11.0+ Verify release signatures Download torrent Source code Show version history. Bitcoin Core Release Signing Keys v0.11.0+ 01EA5486DE18A882D4C2684590C8019E36C2E964 bitcoin × 84 software-installation × 7 14.04 × 6 command-line × 6 apt × 6 ppa × 5 server × 4 software-recommendation × 4 compiling × 4 12.04 × 3 bash × 3 installation × 3 12.10 × 3 qt × 3 ethereum × 3 donation × 3 18.04 × 2 unity × 2 nvidia × 2 package-management × 2 upgrade × 2 lubuntu × 2 13.10 × 2 software-center × 2 Bitcoin Core (formerly Bitcoin-Qt) is the third Bitcoin client, developed by Wladimir van der Laan based on the original reference code by Satoshi Nakamoto. It has been bundled with bitcoind since version 0.5. Bitcoin-Qt has been rebranded to Bitcoin Core since version 0.9.0 .. Bitcoin Core can be used as a desktop client for regular payments or as a server utility for merchants and other 以前看过龙少这篇Windows下的教程,《VC编译调试比特币源码》,搞了半天没搞定。。最近装了个Ubuntu玩玩,于是想再试试,编译安装成功,有兴趣的可以试试。我的系统版本 Ubuntu 14.04,可以装双系统也可以装虚拟机,至于怎么装Ubuntu可以另外搜索。参考资料:(1)ubuntu下从源码编译比特币(Bitcoin

[index] [28099] [15451] [30483] [16542] [8151] [12934] [14548] [25942] [22312] [20463]

How To Install Bitcoin Core And Multibit Wallet On Ubuntu 14.10

For Bitcoin Core Client updates: https://bitcoincore.org @bitcoincoreorg in Twitter Linux terminal commands: sha256sum, tar, cp, sudo, rm, exit, less * All other commands have been covered in ... BitCoin mining on Ubuntu using specialized ASIC procesors and Ubuntu software such as: CGMiner, BFGMiner, EasyMiner https://linuxhint.com/best-usb-bitcoin-mi... In this video from http://www.secureyourwallet.com we do a full review of the original Satoshi Bitcoin wallet. We do an install, look at the blockchain data,... Ubuntu -1 Setting up Bitcoin Commands, sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install bitcoin-qt sudo apt-get install bitcoind sudo blkid sudo nano /etc/fstab ... To add the PPA and install Bitcoin open a terminal window (press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy+paste the following lines: sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y sudo apt update && sudo apt install ...

Flag Counter